Mental Health & Wellbeing
Mental Health & Well-being
At Bickerstaffe C.E School our mental health is just as important as our physical health. Miss O`Kane has undertaken training in the nationally recognised qualification delivered by Mental Health First Aid England and is fully qualified in Mental First Aid.
As a school we also have a Mental Health & Well-being policy.
School are committed to promoting and supporting positive mental health to everyone involved in school life.
Our aim is
- To increase awareness of mental health issues
- To reduce stigma and discrimination
- To promote recognition of symptoms
- To signpost avenues to see professional help.
We promote Mental Health & Well-being to pupils and staff by
- Providing a weekly school counsellor who provides sessions for those who may need support
- Starting each day with meditation
- Scheduling the Daily Mile each day
- Teaching children about their mental health
- Having Bob our school dog in school, daily.